Menu Contact
The Gartzman Law Firm, P.C. Tax Law Attorneys
Contact Us Today For A Free Phone Consultation

Posts tagged "FBAR: Foreign Bank and Financial Accounts"

Overseas And Foreign Bank Accounts And What They Mean To You

Any time an individual has a financial interest in a foreign financial institution or bank account, brokerage account or other type of account they may be required to report to the IRS on an annual basis.

4 IRS options remain for handling undisclosed offshore accounts

In an ongoing effort to implement the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act, or FATCA, the Department of Justice and the IRS have been working hard to convince foreign governments and banking systems to expose the names of their U.S. account holders. This could mean major pain for American taxpayers who have money socked away in foreign accounts they haven't disclosed.

Banks throughout the world agree to share information with IRS

From digital currency to foreign bank accounts, the Internal Revenue Service continues to develop its methods of collecting taxes. As we've previously discussed, if a foreign bank holds more than $10,000 of your assets, then you are required to use the Report of Foreign Bank and Financial Accounts (FBAR) to report those assets to the Treasury Department.

Swiss banker pleads guilty to charges of tax evasion

A banker formerly employed by Swiss banks, UBS AG and Credit Suisse Group AG, plead guilty on tax evasion charges in the U.S. District Court for Southern Florida. He was sentenced to time already served, which included prison time and his 19 months of house arrest.

Tax Update: New Foreign Investment Reporting Requirement

It is my responsibility as an Atlanta tax attorney and CPA to let you know if you own foreign investments, you may have an additional federal tax filing requirement this year. Form 8938, Statement of Specified Foreign Financial Assets, is due April 17, 2012, and is filed as part of your individual tax return. You'll use Form 8938 to disclose interests in certain foreign financial accounts when your ownership exceeds the reporting requirements.

Contact Our Firm

The Gartzman Law Firm, P.C.
2851 Henderson Mill Road
Atlanta, GA 30341

Phone: 770-648-0689
Fax: 770-939-7743
Atlanta Law Office Map

Contact Us For A Free Telephone Consultation

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Get In Touch